Nothing Phone (2) is available for pre-order
Design and appearance
A year after its successful debut in the mobile phone market with the Nothing Phone (1) model, which amazed users with a transparent cover and luminous glyphs, the Karl Pei brand presented to fans of technical innovations the second, more advanced version of the Nothing Phone (2) smartphone with improved characteristics, allowing it to claim for the title of a flagship-level device.
Nothing Phone (2) differs from the previous version with a rounded back panel that allows it to fit more comfortably in the palm of your hand, a choice between dark grey and white body colors and a front camera shifted to the center.
The parameters have changed: the smartphone has become heavier, thicker and wider, has acquired a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080x2412, a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a more than decent peak brightness of 1600 nits.
The glass cover of the back panel remained the same, creating the illusion that it does not exist at all, but at the same time possessing increased strength, and luminous glyphs. The number of the latter ones has become significantly more – 11 segments against the previous 5, which, of course, is progress, but it has little effect on the set of animations and does not change the silhouette of the picture itself.
However, there are really some impressive innovations here – for example, the ability to track the process of approaching the place of calling the ordered taxi, which will clearly demonstrate one of the glyphs in the Uber application.
Nothing Phone (2) got:
- Enhanced 50MP Sony IMX890 wide-angle camera with optical image stabilization, 50MP Samsung JN1 ultra wide-angle camera and 32MP Sony IMX615 front camera with electronic image stabilization.
- Flagship chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, which provided the smartphone with a real leap in performance compared to twice as powerful as the earlier Snapdragon 778G.
- Two options for RAM – 8 and 12 GB.
- Three options for built-in memory – 128, 256 and 512 GB.
- 4700 mAh battery with support for wired and wireless charging 33-45 and 15 W, respectively.
- USB-C cable with transparent connectors.
The manufacturer promises the smartphone a three-year update support.
Sales will begin on July 17, but pre-order has already been open. Depending on the amount of memory, different versions of Nothing Phone (2) will cost from $599 to $799. Prices in Europe and the USA may vary slightly.